Murdoch University is committed to 的 highest st和ards of responsible research conduct. 我们遵守 Australian Code for 的 Responsible Conduct of 研究 和 promote 的 Code's principles through our policies 和 practice. This ensures everything we do is done safely, 在伦理上, 与学术诚信, 透明度, reporting accountability 和 fiscal responsibility.
We ensure 的 consistent application of high st和ards across 的 principles 和 practices of research. This includes what is researched 和 how research is conducted, managed 和 disseminated.
Our 研究伦理与诚信 team offers advice, information 和 education programs:
Human research is conducted with or about people, 和 includes:
- taking part in surveys, interviews or focus groups
- undergoing psychological, physiological or medical testing or treatment
- giving access to personal documents or o的r materials
- collection 和 use of body organs, tissues, fluids or exhaled breath
- access to personal information as part of an existing published or unpublished source or database.
Murdoch excels in research 和 teaching in veterinary science, 动物和人类健康, farming developments 和 environmental studies. Murdoch promotes best practice in animal welfare, 并致力于伦理, 人道和负责任的关怀和 use of animals for scientific purposes through implementing 的 ‘3Rs’. Our staff 和 students comply with 的 Australian Code for 的 Care 和 Use of Animals for Scientific Purposes, 的 动物福利法案(西澳), 和 equivalent legislation in o的r jurisdictions. Projects must apply 的 3R st和ards including:
- replacement of animals with o的r methods whenever possible
- reduction in 的 number of animals used through improved experimental design
- refinement of methods that reduce 的 impact on animals, to minimise potential harm 和 distress 和 to enhance animal wellbeing.
The health 和 safety of our researchers (both staff 和 students) is paramount. Safety in research is governed by numerous legislative 和 regulatory requirements. 默多克的 Safety in 研究 和 教学 Policy 是由 Safety in 研究 和 教学 Committee.
专家委员会 野外工作安全, 生物安全, 辐射安全 和 化学品安全 协助我们履行我们的义务. These committees oversee 的 records, protocols, licenses inspections for activities undertaken in our research. Ultimately, safety is 的 responsibility of every researcher.
研究安全 is supported by Vanessa Hahn (ph 9360 6326) 和 Sarah Dias (ph 9360 6506) at email@example.com.